Did you know...
- 75-80% of Pratt faculty are currently deemed ineligible for any form of health insurance benefits through the Institute
- Of Pratt's yearly operating budget of $170 million, less than 20% is spent on faculty (that's including all full- and part-time salaries and benefits)
- The Pratt administration has agreed to provide healthcare benefits for part-timers in the past 2 contracts, but has yet to honor these agreements in practice
- Every other college of Pratt's prestige and caliber in NYC provides healthcare benefits to both full- and part-time faculty (including The New School, Cooper Union, School of Visual Arts, CUNY, NYU, and Columbia)
- UFCT's current demand is that Pratt grant all part-timers (who teach a 50% workload for at least two semesters) access to healthcare benefits with a 25% contribution by the employee
TELL PRATT: It's time to make the health and well-being of Pratt's faculty a priority!
What you can do:
- Wear a "Does Pratt Insure Your Prof?" button and sign the faculty petition (both available in the Union Conference Room in North Hall 123)
- Share and discuss this fact sheet with fellow faculty, staff and students
- Drop President Schutte a line at <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Full-time Faculty: We need your support! A letter from you and/or your departmental colleagues to the administration would send a strong message of unity around this issue.
- Be on the lookout for announcements about upcoming rallies and other events (we'll post updates on this blog)